Are you curious about the Digital marketing facts in 2021? Then look no further.
Digital marketing changing every day you must have to updated to stay in the market. To be updated you must have to know all the researches, stats, facts about digital marketing.
Here in this article, I bundle all the stats together for you. So you can use these stats to grow your online business.
I categorized a list of up-to-date facts below.
Click to jump to a section, or keep reading for our Digital Marketing facts.
Digital Marketing Facts
- There are 4.2 billion active social media users.
- Inbound marketing costs 62% less per lead than traditional.
- 57% of the companies have acquired a customer through their blogs.
- 293.6 billion emails are sent per day.
- It is reported that 50.64% of the world’s total population are present on at least one social media platform, which means that a majority of users can be reached through social media.
Unknown Facts about Digital Marketing that may shock you!
- Infographics (collection of imagery, charts, and text in a single photo) are liked and shared on social media 600 times more than other types of content.
- Content with relevant imagery gets around 94% more views.
- Search ads can increase brand awareness by 80% and display advertising has proven to increase traffic to a website by 300%
- The effective SEO strategy is content creation according to 72% of marketers.
- Duplicate content won’t get you penalized, while copied content will.
- More than 50 percent of search queries globally now come from mobile devices.
- 75% of all SEO stuff is off-page SEO and 25% is on-page SEO.
- Page titles are the most important on-page SEO stuff after content
- The top 3 results get 75.1% of the clicks
- 90% of web pages get zero organic traffic from Google
- 50% of search queries are 4 words or more.
- Google Analytics and Google Search console is the top SEO tool used by marketers.
Email Marketing Facts
- On average, email marketing has a 49% ROI.
- Email subject lines with 6-10 words have the highest open rate.
- Personalized emails (email with name, address, etc.) deliver transactional rates that are up to 6 times higher than non-personalized emails.
- Roughly 80% of marketers have reported an increase in email engagement over the past 1 year.
- Tuesdays see the highest email open rate and email unsubscribe rates.
- Digital Marketers who used segmented email campaigns noted as much as a 760% increase in revenue.
- When asked about GDPR, 88% of users who are willing to share personal information want transparency about how it’s used.
- 58% of U.S citizens check their email before doing anything else online.
Social Media Marketing Facts
- 54% of social media users use social media to research products and 71% are more likely to purchase products and services based on social media referrals.
- Instagram is the social channel with the second-highest ROI among marketers.
- Twitter is among the top three social channels used by marketers with the highest ROI.
- There are 2.6 billion active Facebook users.
- If you provide your customers with a positive social media experience, they’re likely to recommend it to others.
- As of April 2020, LinkedIn’s number of users in the U.S. reached 160 million.
- 39% of B2B professionals said that social selling allowed them to reduce the contact time.
- LinkedIn is the second-most popular social media platform used by B2B marketers followed by Facebook.
- Globally, the U.S. is the country with the most Twitter users, followed by Japan and Russia.
- On average 60% of all businesses are planning to increase their Instagram budget, and almost half are planning to do the same for Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- By 2023, the number of social network users in the U.S. is expected to reach 257.4 million.
Content Marketing Facts
- Blog posts that have more than 3,000 words get 3x more traffic, 4x more shares, and 3.5x more backlinks than the shorter articles.
- 70% of digital marketers are actively investing in content marketing.
- Podcasts now reach over 100 million Americans every month.
- Video has become the most commonly used format in content marketing, overtaking blogs and infographics.
- 60% of digital marketers create at least one form of content (blog, video, etc.) per day.
- B2B marketers are convinced blogging is their most important type of content (43%) while B2C marketers are convinced visual content is more important (45%).
- Nearly 40% of digital marketers say content marketing is a very important part of their overall marketing strategy.
- Over half of all online purchases are now completed using mobile devices.
- 43% of all the e-commerce traffic comes from organic Google searches.
- The total average that each US citizen spends a year on e-commerce is $1,804.
- Shoppers made 108% more purchases using mobile apps than they did on the mobile web during the holidays.
- iPhone users spend more than Android or Windows users on an average order.
- Only 54% of marketers use AI-driven predictive segments. However, this was identified as an area of high potential growth, as 89% expected to be using it by the end of next year.
Video Marketing Facts
- 64% of businesses get new clients from their videos on Facebook.
- 92% of video marketers feel the levels of noise and competition have increased in the last year.
- 99% of people who use video for marketing say they’ll continue using video in 2020.
- 85% of video marketers use YouTube and 79% of them use Facebook.
- People are 1.5x more likely to watch video daily on a smartphone compared to a computer.
- 96% of marketers have placed ad spend on video.
- 83% of digital marketers say video has helped them generate leads.
- 75% of shoppers say they have used a Google product (Search, Maps, YouTube, etc.) in the past week to help with their shopping.
- 93% of brands got a new customer because of a video on social media.
Lead Generation Facts
- No. 1 thing digital marketers do is lead generation.
- 53% of digital marketers say webinars are the top funnel format that generates the most high-quality leads.
- 28% of marketers say using additional account-level fields helps improve their lead scoring.
- 67% of businesses determine the success of their content by lead generation.
- Email automation campaigns are among the top three tactics used by email marketers to improve performance.
- 45% of businesses send their leads one email per week.
- Most (70%+) of businesses qualified leads aren’t yet ready to buy.
- 80% of new leads never convert into sales.
Advertising Marketing Facts
- Mobile advertising spending is expected to surpass $240 billion by 2022.
- 42.7% of internet users use Adblocker.
- 44% of adblocker users say they use AdBlock to prevent online behavior tranking.
- 45% of people in the U.S. ages 15 to 25 say they use an adblocker.
- 33% of marketers use paid advertising to increase their brand awareness.
- In 2019 the U.S. was the largest global market based on mobile advertising spending.
- In 2018, U.S. advertisers spent nearly $50 million on programmatic digital display advertising.
- 94% of people report watching explainer videos to learn more about a product, with 84% being swayed to make a purchase.
- 92% of marketers surveyed who use video say that it’s an important part of their marketing strategy.
- Ad placement and audience targeting are the top optimization tactics used by advertisers today.
Conversion Rate Optimization Facts
- Using visual content like photos, videos on landing pages can improve conversions by 86%.
- Personalized Call to Actions (CTAs) converts 42% more visitors than non-personalized ones.
- A/B testing is the most used method of conversion rate optimization.
- A catchy good headline increase click rates by up to 10%
- Open rates are highest between 6 AM to 11 AM, though some other digital marketers have experienced more success when sending after work. The only exception is on Sundays when the peak time for the open rate is 9 PM.
- 61% of overperforming businesses use their CRM to automate parts of their sales process, vs. 46% of the underperforming business.
- There are 2 times of day that are best for open and click volume: 10 am and between 3 pm-4 pm.
- 68% of small businesses don’t have a structured or documented conversion rate optimization (CRO) strategy.
- Only about 22% of businesses are satisfied with their conversion rates.
- 1 second of delay to your website decreases conversion by 7%.
- Asking for a phone number has the worst impact on conversion rates it decreases the conversion by 5%
Did I miss out on any cool or important Digital marketing facts? Let me know on Twitter.