Twitch is hugely popular in the streaming community and every streamer has a double “How to get verified on twitch”. It does not matter whether you are a new streamer or a professional to get verified on twitch and benefit from the audience.
How is this badge connected with earning? Why is it necessary to aim to get it? Explanations are below.
What is a Twitch Verified Badge?
The verified badge or a circle with a tick is an icon that indicated a Verified Twitch user. It means that the user with Twitch verified badge makes part of an affiliate program in Twitch partnership. Twitch released the badge in 2017 at the same time that the platform released its Affiliate program.
Please note: There are some other badges on Twitch such as Broadcasters, VIP, Twitch Staff. However, they are marked with other labels.
Twitch verification criteria or requirements.
- You must have Stream for 25 hours in the last 30 days.
- You have to Stream for 12 different days in the last 30 days.
- You must have 75 average viewers in the last 30 days.
How to get verified on Twitch?
To get the Twitch verified badge, you need to become a Twitch Partner. When you successfully join the Twitch Partner program you will automatically get the verified on twitch.
Well, now your question might be is how to become a Twitch Partner.
In order to become a Twitch Partner or to get verified on Twitch, you have to follow below step-by-step guide.
- Open your Creator Dashboard.
- On the left side click on the Achievement tab.
- On the Achievement page scroll to the section called Path to Partner.
- Here, you see the same criteria as we mention above.
- If you see a green cheek at the ending of each criteria(as in the image). It means you completed the criteria now you are ready to apply for the twitch partner program.
- Now click on the Apply Button.
- It will open this page or form.
- Fill this simple form and click on Send Application.
- Now Wait until getting an email response from Twitch.
Note: Not all streamers who reach these milestones and apply for the Partner program get the approval.
Tip: If Twitch denies you after you apply, send a reply message thanking them for their time. Ask them how you can improve so that you have a better shot at the status next time.
Twitch Partner program benefits?
As a Twitch Partner, you’ll have access to the following benefits:
- Channel Subscriptions & emotes: Twitch Partners can earn revenue by accepting subscriptions from their viewers. The subscription options are $4.99, $9.99, $24.99, or the Prime Gaming free subscription. Partners can also unlock up to 50 channel emotes to earn more money.
- Bits: Bits are virtual good viewers can buy to Cheer on your channel, allowing them to support you without leaving Twitch. Twitch provides participating Partners a share of the revenue Twitch receives from Bits equal to 1 cent per Bit used to Cheer for them. As a Partner, you also get to customize your Cheermotes and Bit Badges.
- Ads: Partners earn a share of the revenue generated from any ads played on their channel. Partners can determine the length and frequency of mid-roll advertisements through their dashboard.
Special features to help you grow your channel:
- Channel customization:
- Custom Chat Badges – Partners can create custom Chat Badges for subs based on sub tenure.
- Custom Emoticons – Partners can unlock up to 50 emote slots based on the total amount of subscriber points you have.
- Custom Emoticon Prefix – Partners can customize the prefix code in front of their emotes.
- Custom Bit Badges and Cheermotes
- Verified User Badge
- Free lifetime channel subscription for your chatbot.
- Up to 3 additional free lifetime channel subscriptions to friends and family based on your total amount of subscribers.
- VOD Features
- Priority Support – Twitch Partners have access to a dedicated support team. Visit Partner Help while logged in to your Partner account and you should receive an answer from the Partner Help team in 1-2 business days.
- Teams – Twitch Partners may create their own stream team by requesting one through Partner Help.
- Access to Partner-only opportunities: Partners will be considered for special promotional opportunities such as Partner Spotlights, Meet & Greets, Partner Panels, Streamer Zones, and more.
- Video Transcodes: Partners will always have first priority access to quality options for their channel. Quality options allow viewers to adjust the quality in which they view a broadcast for the best experience. While non-partnered channels receive transcodes depending on how much capacity is available, Partners are guaranteed transcodes for all of their broadcasts.
- Broadcast Delay: Partners can delay their broadcast by up to 15 minutes to ensure fairness during competitive play.
Source: Twitch official page
Twitch verified badge is a huge milestone in your streaming career and for making money from Twitch. It is important to continue with your momentum to keep growing over time. Once you meet all of the criteria, Twitch will let you know that it is high time you became a partner. May it happen as soon as possible! Have a good time on Twitch.